- Quick polls are exactly that - a quick snapshot in time to measure the "community pulse" on specific topic or project.
- Online surveys help us to gather information, local knowledge, community views and opinions. It's an easy way for you to contribute your ideas and thoughts.
- Submission forms enable you to provide your feedback easily and are often used for consultations that have legislative requirements.
- Alternatively, you can contact the relevant project officer responsible; their contact details are located within the description section of each unique engagement.
- You can receive regular newsletters on current and upcoming community engagement activity.
- You can access all engagements published on the website.
How do I submit my feedback?
Your feedback can be submitted through a range of tools available on the site. These include:
Why should I register on the site?
Registering on the "Join the Conversation" website will provide you with a number of benefits:
It is important to note that you can opt out of this mailing list at any time.
Is my privacy protected?
Yes! Your privacy is protected by both Sutherland Shire Council and our online engagement provider - Bang the Table. Council will only use your email address to contact you with updates and invite you to participate in consultations, if you have chosen to opt in during the registration process. Your email address will not be distributed to any third party or used for any other purpose.
What happens to my feedback/comments?
All comments, ideas and suggestions are colated and used by the relevant project officer to inform the development of strategies, programs and activities, or to gain an insight into community views and opinions.
Often, feedback provided online is used in conjunction with other face-to-face consultation activities such as workshops, meetings, open days or surveys.
When each consultation closes, all contributions are compiled into a report, which will be presented to Council when considering the particular matter. A copy of the report will also be posted on Join the Conversation for reference, removing any identification.
All feedback provided during consultation will be considered, however this does not mean that every suggestion can be taken on board and adopted as proposed.
Who can I contact about Join the Conversation?
If you have any questions about content or council's consultation and engagement process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question regarding a specific engagement currently open for consultation, please contact the project officer listed within the description section of the individual engagement activity.