What is proposed?
The purpose of this amendment is to correct errors or unintended omissions, mapping anomalies and GIS changes since the LEP was made, and changes to the Heritage Schedule, as outlined below. These changes are outlined below.
Minor rezonings at:
- Soldiers Road Oval/Jannali Baseball Fields, from E2 Environmental Conservation to RE1 Public Recreation;
- 574 Kingsway, Miranda, from B3 Commercial Core to SP2 Infrastructure;
- 10-40 Sussex Street, Bundeena, from E2 Environmental Conservation to E1 National Parks and Nature Reserves;
- 2R Dolans Road & 1 Harnleigh Avenue, Woolooware and 66-74 Karimbla Road, Miranda from R3 Medium Density Residential to RE1 Public Recreation
Minor corrections to the following maps and mapping components:
- Floor Space Ratio
- Height of Building
- Landscaped Area
- Mean High Water Mark
- Land Zoning
- Foreshore Building Line.
Other map changes to:
- update the Biodiversity Maps to reflect the latest OEH data;
- update to Additional Permitted Uses Map, Flood Planning Map and Natural Landform Map;
- update to Land Reservation Acquisition Map to reflect recent acquisitions.
Amendments to written provisions:
- Clause 4.1A Minimum subdivision requirements in certain residential and environment protection zones;
- Clause 6.9 Limited development on foreshore area;
- Clause 6.11 Development for dwelling houses in Zone E2 Environmental Conservation land fronting the Woronora River;
- Clause 6.14 Landscaped areas in certain zones;
- Schedule 1 - Additional Permitted Uses, Clause 2 Use of certain land;
- Schedule 5 - Environmental Heritage.
Why is Council undertaking the amendment?
The third exhibition of draft SSLEP2013 (SSLEP2015) raised a number of planning issues that could not be addressed by amendments to the plan without necessitating a fourth exhibition of the draft plan. Council was of the view that to further delay the new LEP was not in the public interest. In addition, since the plan was made on 23 June 2015 several anomalies, errors or omissions have also been identified. These matters are addressed in the proposed amendment.
The Department of Planning and
Environment has issued a Gateway Determination authorising council to place the
draft amendment on public exhibition. Council reports and the Gateway
Determination can be viewed in the Document Library, above.
What do I need to consider when making a submission?
Anyone making a submission is
required to disclose any reportable political donation, or any gift to any
local Councillor or employee of Council. Please be advised that all submissions
received in response to the exhibition will be available as a public record.
Who do I contact for further information?
further information, contact council’s Strategic Planning Unit by phone
9710 0800, or email firstname.lastname@example.org